Sen. Robert "Bob" Deuell District 2 (R-Greenville)
- BS, Biology, George Mason University; M.D., Medical College of Virginia.
- Economic Development (Chair)
- Health & Human Services (Vice-Chair)
- Natural Resources
- State Affairs (Vice-Chair)
Sources of Income
Deuell is a family medicine physician and partner at Primary Care Associates, a Greenville-based practice.
In the last few years, he has also served as the medical director for nine other clinics and home health agencies across North Texas, where he is compensated to review cases on an on-call basis. He also works as an occasional medical consultant for a state agency, the Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services, reviewing cases when a surgeon recommends surgery.
Residence in Greenville valued at $271,690
- Bob Perry: $100,000
- Texas Medical Association: $58,548
- TREPAC/Texas Association of Realtors PAC: $57,500
- TX Friends of Time Warner: $26,000
- Jerry Gallagher: $25,000
- Texans for Lawsuit Reform PAC: $23,639
- Associated General Contractors of Texas-PAC: $20,000
- Doylene Perry: $20,000
- Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma: $20,000
- Texas Oil & Gas PAC: $20,000
Deuell, a family physician, has filed some health care-related bills designed to prevent infringement by less-trained medical professionals on physicians' responsibilities. He has also filed a measure to stop health benefit plans from ranking doctors, and bills to make it easier for physicians to sell pharmaceutical drugs to patients without a pharmacy. He has been a major beneficiary of the tort-reform group Texans for Lawsuit Reform, the Texas Medical Association and the Dental Association PAC.
According to a 2009 Dallas Morning News story, Deuell spent more than $27,000 of his officeholder funds on car lease payments, auto insurance and repairs. He also spent nearly $18,000 on hotel stays. All of this is permitted under the state's ethics rules.