Rep. Ana Hernandez District 143 (D-Houston)
Sources of Income
Luna is a trial lawyer with Carrigan, McCloskey & Roberson. She does civil litigation, personal injury and breach of contract. She was formerly with the Mostyn Law Firm.
Her husband, Gregory Val Luna, is also a lawyer.
Residential property in Houston valued at $327,384
Residential property in Houston valued at $54,301
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association PAC: $72,624
- Bob Perry: $23,500
- Border Health PAC: $17,500
- Mostyn Law Firm: $14,000
- John Steven Mostyn PC: $12,633
- FArmers Employee and Agent PAC: $12,500
- TREPAC/Texas Association of Realtors PAC: $12,500
- Houston Firefighters Political Action Fund: $12,000
- G.M. Fleming: $10,000
- PLUMBERS LOCAL UNION NO. 68 PAC FUND: $9,500
For two-and-a-half years, Hernandez Luna worked for the law firm of Steve Mostyn, the state's biggest Democratic campaign contributor and the attorney who represented homeowners and businesses damaged by Hurricane Ike in claims against the quasi-governmental Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA). Hernandez Luna, who left Mostyn's office in February 2010, said she helped him on non-TWIA storm cases involving Spanish-speaking policyholders. She has received large campaign contributions from him.
She accepted a $2,000 honorarium from an organization in Venezuela that invited her as an election observer two years ago.