Rep. Alma A. Allen District 131 (D-Houston)
- B.S., Texas Southern University; M.Ed., Texas Southern University; Ed.D., University of Houston
- Public Education (Vice-Chair)
- House Administration
Sources of Income
Allen served on the State Board of Education for 10 years.
She was an elementary school teacher and later served as the principal of multiple elementary schools.
She has worked as an adjunct education professor at Texas Southern University and Prairie View A&M University.
She lists employment as an educational consultant, and has served as chairwoman of the Board of Trustees at the Art Institute of Houston.
Allen receives retirement benefits from the Teachers Retirement System.
Residential property in Houston valued at $267,453
Agricultural land in Needville valued at $83,500
Agricultural land in Fort Bend County valued at $73,350
Residential property in Needville valued at $7,430
Residential rental property in Houston valued at $39,127
Residential property in Houston valued at $48,322
Residential rental property in Houston valued at $27,970
Residential rental property in Houston valued at $72,175
Residential rental property in Houston valued at $46,582
Rental property in Houston valued at $7,308
All rental properties are lised in her husband's name.
- Texans for Insurance Reform: $163,440
- Texans for Insurance Reform PAC: $44,607
- Annie's List PAC: $30,500
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association PAC: $25,750
- Annie's List: $25,000
- Border Health PAC: $15,000
- Texas Democratic Party: $10,700
- WILLIAM BAYLEY: $10,000
- HOUSTON FIRE FIGHTERS PAC: $8,000
- Texas State Teachers Association Pac: $8,000
Allen, who receives retirement benefits from the Teacher Retirement System of Texas, has introduced a bill in three legislative sessions — most recently HB 917 in 2011 — to increase TRS benefits. The measure has not passed.